Monday, November 23, 2009

The Old Observatory

I completed my map of the Old Observatory (aka Filges lair) and I'm really quite happy with it. Gimp is definitely a hard program to master and, even after years of using it, I feel as if I've barely scratched the surface of what it can do. On the other hand I learn a trick or two every time I make a map with it and, in general, I think each map I make is a little better then the last.

The Old Observatory is particularly good for the style of 3D perspective mapping I like to do and I'm quite happy with the way things turned out. The statues and the bodies are 'cartoony' mainly because I really don't have the talent to make something realistic looking but it should be clear whats being represented. You should have no trouble downloading the map and its, obvously, more reasonably sized once downloaded.

Old Observatory Overview

No comments:

Post a Comment