Sunday, August 22, 2010

More Housekeeping

Here is the map for the Labyrinth. I think this is pretty close to the original with one huge difference - the Labyrinth itself has been excluded! The reason for this is that I feel that this Labyrinth in particular and generally most in general, are best handled as skill challenges. Actually mapping the things out takes a ton of time and is generally only an activity between the DM and the mapper for an extended period. I think its just bad gaming unless there is a really good reason why what is taking place in the Labyrinth will be engaging to all the players.

I did not feel this quite qualified - while combat can take place in this Labyrinth it'd generally become fairly static and I felt it was better to just draw some 'Labyrinth like' area on the battle map if that occurred.

Three Faces of Evil - Labyrinth

No comments:

Post a Comment